Make Your Voice Heard in the Fiscal Showdown!
Thank you for registering for our recent webinar, “Protecting Low-Income Families in the Fiscal Showdown: Resources and Action Steps.” On the webinar, participants heard from a panel of experts about what’s at stake for low-income families in the fiscal showdown and learned about new advocacy resources and action steps to engage in the debate. If you missed the webinar, you can watch the complete recording and download the slides here.
With vital nutritional assistance programs, tax credits, and unemployment insurance on the chopping block at the end of this year, it’s more important than ever that we equip ourselves with effective advocacy tools to ensure low-income families are protected going forward. Here are some action steps and relevant resources to help you engage in the debate:
- Missed the webinar? Download the complete webinar recording.
- Half in Ten’s newly released report, “The Right Choices to Cut Poverty and Restore Shared Prosperity,” tracks our nation’s progress on key indicators of poverty and opportunity.
- See how your state ranks on creating good jobs, strengthening families, and promoting economic security using our interactive website, http://halfinten.org/indicators.
- Access sample press releases, letters to the editor, and social media for use during the debate on the fiscal showdown.
- Weigh in with your members of Congress today and ask them to protect low-income Americans in the fiscal showdown. Make your voice heard.
- Take action on social media through our #talkpoverty campaign – go to www.halfinten.org/talkpoverty to contact policymakers and the media.
- Concerned about how nutrition assistance, refundable tax credits, unemployment insurance, and more are on the chopping block in Congress? Share your story about how the safety net has helped you or the clients you serve. It takes only two minutes to submit a story, but your story can have endless impact on the national debate. Submit text or video here.
- Share your story with the White House: Go to www.WH.gov/My2K or use the hashtag #my2K to share how allowing the earned income tax credit, child tax credit, or middle-class tax cuts to expire would affect your family.
Thank you again for joining us for this webinar and we look forward to working with you to cut poverty in half in 10 years!