Looking for ways to use the stories from your state? Consider:
- Incorporating links to video stories or excerpts from written stories into your communications with your member of Congress (emails, letters, calls, in-person meetings, action alerts, etc.).
- Sharing stories from your state to underscore the human cost of cuts by incorporating them into opinion editorials or letters to the editor. For tips and tricks for putting together a great letter to the editor, click here.
- Raising awareness around the devastating consequences these cuts may have by spreading the word about the storymap and some of the best stories therein using new media such as Twitter, Facebook, and blogs. Click here for a resource on Twitter tips and here for our online training on leveraging social media for grassroots advocacy.
- Use the storymap’s state statistics about poverty, hunger, employment, and more to put the stories in the context of unmet need in your state.
- Hold an event in your community around the budget cuts and invite a storyteller from your state to participate; share meeting outcomes with local press and your senators.
To learn more about effective storybanking practices, download the complete recording and slides from Half in Ten’s recent webinar.
Want to learn more about the Road to Shared Prosperity? Click here to download a one-page summary.
If you’re interested in speaking with any of the storytellers on the storymap, please email email@example.com for more information.